Friday 4 March 2011

Six month anniversary

Hurray!! We've made it to the six month mark virtually unscathed!

This in now officially a serious relationship.  I find myself to be really scared over what is coming but it's been really fun so far so I guess I'll just carry on.

We've already started making some long term plans together - we are saving up for a trip next winter.  The nice thing about these plans are that until the tickets are bought, this isn't something we are committed to doing. 

I'm guessing the next step will be moving in together.  This topic is where I think I'm the most scared. 

I really prefer it and am happier when he is here and isn't at his pad for the evening but that being said, I am still a bit nervous about the idea of him moving in.  For some twisted reason I felt good when he kept his clothes here for 2 weeks instead of hauling them home right away.  The house is a mess so I'd have to do some serious decluttering to make room for his stuff.  On the days he isn't here I almost feel like the cats away so I feel freer to be totally lazy and misbehave.  I've been waiting for him to bring up the subject but he hasn't in a serious fashion yet.  I'm not really ready to bring the topic up myself.  I have decided that I would be acceptable to an April + move in.  That gives him enough time to give a months notice to move out, get the house organized, and work out the details.

Well, that was a rambling disorganized paragraph.

So technically by his terms the six month mark would have been yesterday but by my terms it is today.  Yesterday I thought about it all day but nothing was mentioned.  Today I didn't even think of it and this afternoon he texted a happy six months baby to me.  It's a big weekend - friend from out of town visiting, wedding and big pool tourney.

Can't chat no more today - need to jump in the shower and get ready to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment