Sunday 13 March 2011

Last weekend's scrap

Honestly, it was mostly due to way to much alcohol involved.

We were at a pool tournament's closing social. There was a young fellow there that I had just met that volunteered some personal troubling information. I got into rescuer mode and went out for a cigarette with the lad to talk to him about it and offer him some advice to seek counseling. We were outside for about half an hour and were not by any means alone as there were others outside smoking as well. I had told my bf that I was going for a smoke.

I came back in and the bf flipped that I had been gone for an hour and he had no idea where I was. He was actually in the process of leaving without even looking for me in the smoking area.  We had quite the row right there where I had to do some serious reassuring. 

He was in the process of leaving to a house party so the both of us went there.  They had a smoking room in the basement.  Went for one smoke and there was no issue but then when I was going to go for the second, he made some objections (the offending person was also there).  I told him so do you want to come with then to which he immediately agreed so came along to keep an eye on me I guess.

We left shortly after that and then had quite the fight at home.  Of course I said maybe we should break up because that's what I do if we have a disagreement especially with alcohol involved.  I told him that my perception of what is appropriate and his are obviously different and although I'd really try hard not to do anything that would upset him, because I'm not sure what that will be, maybe we should break up.  And he was saying he didn't trust me.  He gave another reason too but I can't remember what it was :(

Argument over, sex was amazing that night.  Next day and another day this week I mentioned it again and he kept blaming the alcohol but there's no remaining tension or anything.

I feel he was being quite unreasonable. Really I could have gotten into a conversation with anyone while I was out there that could have held me up like that.  I was very surprised he didn't trust me as I recognized early on he has these trust issues due to previous relationships where he was cheated on and I've done everything I can think of to try to earn his trust. I'm guessing he will never be able to completely trust and there's really nothing I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment